News - The Forum on Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management 2016
India Smart Supply Chain Forum Delivers a Successful Inaugural Edition
New Delhi, India, 14 August 2015 – m2mpaper.com and Transported Asset Protection Association Asia Pacific (TAPA APAC) accomplish a successful debut of India Smart Supply Chain Forum 2015, which was held on Tuesday, 4 August 2015 and Wednesday, 5 August 2015 at The Radisson Blu Plaza, New Delhi, India. The Forum achieved success in bringing the adaptable working technologies, integrated communications and collaborations for truly connected Smart Supply Chain Businesses together under one roof.
India Smart Supply Chain Forum 2015, through its two days fully packed agenda, extensively exhibited the scope of application of machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) technologies across the vertical markets of Supply Chain Logistics. Its area of focus steered around how machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) technologies are used to significantly improve business processes, drive innovation, help to reduce risk and improve bottom-line.
India Smart Supply Chain Forum 2015 has received an encouraging response from the entire Supply Chain Fraternity. The impressive line-up of participations were from the major national and multinational companies and organizations from public and private sectors, academic Institutions, ,research organizations, manufacturers and suppliers, solutions and service providers, industry alliances and trade organizations, media services companies and organizations, and the End-Users.
The forum offered 10 extensive hours of networking each day with high profile delegates, including 30 plus eminently qualified speakers from the entire Supply Chain fraternity. The entire forum has earned a striking support from more than 24 partners nationally and globally.
Day one started with a welcome note by Mr. Herdial Singh the Treasurer, TAPA APAC and Director Quality & Business Excellence, Asia Pacific Region, Agility Logistics Pte.Shri A.K Mittal, Senior Deputy Director General and Head Telecommunications Engineering Centre, Department of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India delivered the Keynote of the day on ‘Transforming the Supply Chain Logistics with Machine to Machine and Internet of Things Technology’.
There were four panel discussions and five Industry Presentations spread through the day.
The panel discussion on the day one majorly revolved around on ‘How to Turn Smart Supply Chain into Reality’, ‘The Transparency and Visibility of Smart Supply Chain’ and ‘How it could Change the Face of the Supply Chain’. The topics were astutely discussed and deliberated by the distinguished panelists of the Forum.
The Industry Presentations included topics such as ‘E-Commerce and Internet of Things’, ‘Automating the Logistics of Employees in the Corporate World’, ‘The Use of Geospatial Technology for Supply Chain’ and ‘Connecting Things’.
The second day started with an engrossing presentation by Mr. Herdial Singh the Treasurer, TAPA APAC and Director Quality & Business Excellence, Asia Pacific Region, Agility Logistics Pte.explaining the objectives and cause of Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA). This was followed by the first Panel Discussion of the day, which threw light upon The Real Scenario of the Supply Chain Eco System and their Existing Gaps and the Key Advancements. The following two panel discussions noted the Safety, Security and Integrity of the Transported Assets, Key Initiatives Ensuring Safe and Secure Transit of Transported assets and the Roadmap to Efficient and Effective Supply Chain Logistics Management. The speakers shared presentations on some interesting and very relevant topics such as ‘Consumer Oriented Supply Chain’, ‘Good Distribution Practice (GDP) for Pharmaceutical Products, the Rules, Importance of GDP – Compliance & Quality’ and ‘Set the Tune of Continual Improvement through Right Certification’.
India Smart Supply Chain Forum 2015 is indeed very grateful to it’s valuable partners, namely, Institutional Partner, Industry Alliance Partner, Research Partner, Knowledge Partner, Media Partner and Conference Endorsers, who extended their very valuable support for making India Smart Supply Chain Forum 2015 a successfully enriching forum and platform for the Smart Supply Chain Logistics fraternity.
We eagerly look forward to seeing you all next year at India Smart Supply Chain Forum 2016!
Your online resource on machine-to-machine technologies, news, views and more...
Inaugurated in April 2013, www.m2mpaper.com is a world-class news and resource portal of latest machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) information. m2mpaper.com is an initiative in the domain of machine-to-machine (m2m) technologies and internet of things (iot) and its applications on key Industry Verticals namely, Automotive, Automation, Electronics, Healthcare, Oil & Gas, Security, Supply Chain, Telecom, Transportation, Telematics and Utility. m2mpaper.com has very high quality collection of resources and references such as; articles, case studies, white papers, videos, and interviews from across verticals of the machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) eco-system and value chain. The portal is an interactive medium for machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) stakeholders to connect through several innovative mediums like facebook, Google+, linkedin and twitter.
About Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA)
Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) is an association of security professionals and related business partners from high technology and high value companies who have organized for the purpose of addressing the emerging security threats that are common to the high value industry supply chain.
A fundamental TAPA objective is to affect positive change in the security practices of the freight transportation and insurance communities as a whole.
Major freight service providers are moving toward TAPA-recognized security standards for the care and handling of freight and are recognizing the inherent value of doing so.
TAPA publishes several standards to secure the supply chain against theft, robbery, hijacking, contamination, substitution theft, pilferage and tampering.
TAPA is a non-profit organisation and publishes its standards free of charge.
For further details please contact;
Shilpi Batra, Conference Director
India Smart Supply Chain Forum 2015
Phone: +91 9818105643
- Supply Chain RISK + COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT – What it really means to MANUFACTURERS?
- Transforming the Supply Chain with National and Global STANDARDS to manage RISK and COMPLIANCE.
- IMPORTANCE & ROLE of STANDARDS & CERTIFICATIONS in Supply Chain RISK MANAGEMENT + COMPLIANCE.
- Best Practices Case Studies + Use Cases in Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management.
- Securing the Supply Chain ECO-SYSTEM and the role and responsibilities of the STAKEHOLDERS;
- Logistics Providers
- Freight Carriers
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Security Professionals
- Logistics Professionals
- Freight Services Industry Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Audit Companies
- Technology Companies
- The IMPORTANCE & ROLE of TECHNOLOGY in STANDARDS Development
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security
- Cargo Safety & Security - Explore how telematics is used for combating hijackings, thefts and robberies
- Driver Safety & Security - Explore how telematics technologies can help enhance the driver safety and security by real time monitoring of driver behavior and driver fatigue
- Fleet Performance and Fuel Efficiency - The impact of telematics and fleet management technology on insurance
- Cold Chain Management - temperature-controlled supply chain:
- Life Sciences: Clinical Trials - Hospitals and Blood - Pharmaceuticals - Vaccines,
- Fresh and Processed Food - Produce - Seafood - Meat and Poultry - Dairy - Floral
- Technology Solutions for Warehouse Safety & Security
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) - An Integrated Approach to Warehouse Security for simplifying the command and control - at-a-glance snapshot of all operations, enhancing their situational awareness and increasing their ability to react to any security infringements within the warehouse environment - Witness how a PSIM platform that seamlessly brings together otherwise disparate solutions - Access Control, CCTV, RFID, Intruder detection and Fire systems.
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security