Media - The Forum on Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management 2016
Hankyu Hanshin Express has completed the implementation of Kewill’s freight forwarding software across its operations in Belgium.
Completes fourth phase of global expansion using Kewill solutions
July 12, 2016 – Manchester, UK and Chelmsford, MA, USA – Hankyu Hanshin Express, a leading Japanese provider of global logistics and freight forwarding services, has completed the implementation of Kewill’s freight forwarding software across its operations in Belgium.
Kewill Global Forwarding, a fully managed solution, is being used by Hankyu Hanshin Express in Belgium to manage its air-, sea- and road-based freight forwarding and logistics operations. The deployment of Kewill Global Forwarding is part of an ongoing initiative throughout Europe that will result in all of Hankyu Hanshin Express’ operations running a single integrated freight forwarding platform.
The first phase of the project kicked off in Germany and was completed in 2013. Phase two occurred in 2014 with Kewill Global Forwarding being put into use in the UK, and France followed in 2015. The project in Belgium marks the completion of phase four, which went live in early 2016. The next phase features the implementation of Kewill Global Forwarding in the Netherlands during the second half of 2016.
The multimodal freight forwarding solution offers quick and easy access to critical shipment information and provides visibility of cargo throughout the shipment cycle. In addition, Kewill Global Forwarding will improve the management of freight forwarding procedures across Hankyu Hanshin Express’ European business.
“Our ability to conduct operations seamlessly across regions and countries is critical to our business, and Kewill has continued to prove its solutions and teams are more than qualified to deliver,” said Jon Smerin, EU IT Manager at Hankyu Hanshin Express. “We continue to be impressed with Kewill’s expertise and the performance of its solutions as we complete yet another phase in our ongoing rollout. We look forward to the next implementation and to achieving our goal of one integrated platform”
“We take immense pride in partnering with the leading global logistics service provider on this strategic initiative,” said Mohit Paul, Senior Vice President at Kewill. “Innovation is key to our success, and we work diligently to ensure constant technology development to meet the needs of our customers across the globe. We’re excited to complete Hankyu Hanshin Express’ implementation in Belgium and shift our focus to the Netherlands.”
About Hankyu Hanshin
Hankyu Hanshin Express is a global provider of air cargo, sea, logistics and customs clearance services, ensuring the smooth handling of small parcels to heavy cargo. Hankyu Hanshin started its business in 1948 as the first IATA approved agent in Japan. During the 1960’s Hankyu was the first Japanese airfreight company to establish the “West Coast Clearance Service” in U.S. Today, Hankyu offers a comprehensive range of global services, including specialist knowledge and experience across five continents. www.hhe-global.com
- Supply Chain RISK + COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT – What it really means to MANUFACTURERS?
- Transforming the Supply Chain with National and Global STANDARDS to manage RISK and COMPLIANCE.
- IMPORTANCE & ROLE of STANDARDS & CERTIFICATIONS in Supply Chain RISK MANAGEMENT + COMPLIANCE.
- Best Practices Case Studies + Use Cases in Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management.
- Securing the Supply Chain ECO-SYSTEM and the role and responsibilities of the STAKEHOLDERS;
- Logistics Providers
- Freight Carriers
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Security Professionals
- Logistics Professionals
- Freight Services Industry Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Audit Companies
- Technology Companies
- The IMPORTANCE & ROLE of TECHNOLOGY in STANDARDS Development
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security
- Cargo Safety & Security - Explore how telematics is used for combating hijackings, thefts and robberies
- Driver Safety & Security - Explore how telematics technologies can help enhance the driver safety and security by real time monitoring of driver behavior and driver fatigue
- Fleet Performance and Fuel Efficiency - The impact of telematics and fleet management technology on insurance
- Cold Chain Management - temperature-controlled supply chain:
- Life Sciences: Clinical Trials - Hospitals and Blood - Pharmaceuticals - Vaccines,
- Fresh and Processed Food - Produce - Seafood - Meat and Poultry - Dairy - Floral
- Technology Solutions for Warehouse Safety & Security
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) - An Integrated Approach to Warehouse Security for simplifying the command and control - at-a-glance snapshot of all operations, enhancing their situational awareness and increasing their ability to react to any security infringements within the warehouse environment - Witness how a PSIM platform that seamlessly brings together otherwise disparate solutions - Access Control, CCTV, RFID, Intruder detection and Fire systems.
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security