Media - The Forum on Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management 2016
Kale Logistics announces Go Live of CODEX – India’s First Container Digital Exchange scheduled for July 1, 2016
Kale Logistics announces formal Go Live of India’s first Container Digital Exchange- CODEX at V.O.C Port-Tuticorin
Kale Logistics Solutions along with V.O. Chidamabaranar (Tuticorin) Port Trust & Tuticorin CFS association announced the formal Go Live of CODEX – India’s First Container Digital Exchange scheduled for July 1, 2016. The CODEX platform has successfully processed 42000+ Containers during the Pilot phase, thereby eliminating all sets of documents accompanying a Container movement at the Port.
Mumbai, July 01, 2016: Kale Logistics Solutions which developed India’s first Container Digital Exchange- CODEX announced the formal Go Live of the platform at the end of 3 months of successful pilot run and onboarding of all stakeholders. The formal Go Live was executed by the Honorable Chief Commissioner of Customs-Chennai- Shri Pranab Kumar Das; Chairman, VOC Port Trust- Shri S.Anantha Chandra Bose and Commissioner of Customs- Tuticorin- Shri K.C Johny in a brief ceremony at Tuticorin on June 30th in the presence of all Port stakeholders.
The CODEX- Container Digital Exchange is designed to automate the container movement at Tuticorin Port and reduce the container dwell times considerably. It is an EDI based electronic platform through which communication, information exchange, connectivity and electronic processing of key business transactions/operations can be facilitated between all container stake-holders at the Port and its related logistics value chain. CODEX also has a Mobile app that is downloadable from Google Play store on all Android mobile devices, tablets and similar gadgets. The Mobile APP facilitates on- the-go tracking of Containers on a real-time basis and directly interfaces with CODEX- Container Digital Exchange. This makes real-time Container information available to all Stakeholders making ‘Ease of doing business’ a reality for supply chain players at Tuticorin Port.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. David Raja, President –TCFSA stated, “The CODEX project has been implemented in time as planned. We experienced a very successful trial run in last 3 months duration. CODEX is already linking Tuticorin Port operations with V.O. C Port Trust system. In addition, other stakeholders including Shipper, Shipping lines and Agents amongst others have complete access to Container movement & details via both online portal and the Mobile APP.”
“We are happy to see the transformation CODEX is bringing by replacing the current issuance of Gate Pass signed by a Gate Officer with a system generated CODEX Gate Pass. The CODEX gate pass is a standard document recognised by Customs for any Container movement at Tuticorin Port. This first of its kind initiative in India is meant to enable trade facilitation and is in conformance to current Governments agenda of bringing about ‘Ease of doing Business’ in a Digital India. ”, said Mr. Vineet Malhotra, Director - Kale Logistics Solutions.
CODEX is a digital platform being adopted by Tuticorin CFS Association and VOC Port to enable seamless movement of containers from CFS/ICDs to VOC Port. This platform works on the basis of online real-time date getting uploaded on a digital platform which is made accessible to all approved viewers. The Container movement can be tracked as well as authenticated at various points on its way to VOC port by means of unique barcode attached to each container and corresponding shipping document. This will ensure faster & more secured movement of export containers as clearance at various gates as well as the movement related data would be readily available in system eliminating the need for manual data entry. The CODEX generated Gate Pass will bring in standardization and uniformity and will have customs permission for export containers movement from VOC Port.
Kale Logistics as the Technology Provider has the distinction of delivering India’s first Air Cargo Community Platform- GMAX at Mumbai Airport (MIAL) and India’s first Cargo Community Platform for Air Cargo Supply chain- UPLIFT. The platform is being used by 1800+ Forwarders/Custom Brokers and has successfully processed 3.5 Million+ EDI Transactions for 500 destinations since its launch- witnessing the fastest ever EDI adoption. It conforms to all industry regulations with connectivity to 90+ Airlines. Kale’s Community Platform initiatives have been listed in ‘Top 10 Innovations in Indian Logistics Industry’ by KPMG and have been published as a part of the Supply Chain Management curriculum of KELLOGG Business School. Kale Logistics is closely associated with leading Global Trade Bodies and is represented on the board of TIACA.
Source: Kale Logistics
- Supply Chain RISK + COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT – What it really means to MANUFACTURERS?
- Transforming the Supply Chain with National and Global STANDARDS to manage RISK and COMPLIANCE.
- IMPORTANCE & ROLE of STANDARDS & CERTIFICATIONS in Supply Chain RISK MANAGEMENT + COMPLIANCE.
- Best Practices Case Studies + Use Cases in Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management.
- Securing the Supply Chain ECO-SYSTEM and the role and responsibilities of the STAKEHOLDERS;
- Logistics Providers
- Freight Carriers
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Security Professionals
- Logistics Professionals
- Freight Services Industry Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Audit Companies
- Technology Companies
- The IMPORTANCE & ROLE of TECHNOLOGY in STANDARDS Development
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security
- Cargo Safety & Security - Explore how telematics is used for combating hijackings, thefts and robberies
- Driver Safety & Security - Explore how telematics technologies can help enhance the driver safety and security by real time monitoring of driver behavior and driver fatigue
- Fleet Performance and Fuel Efficiency - The impact of telematics and fleet management technology on insurance
- Cold Chain Management - temperature-controlled supply chain:
- Life Sciences: Clinical Trials - Hospitals and Blood - Pharmaceuticals - Vaccines,
- Fresh and Processed Food - Produce - Seafood - Meat and Poultry - Dairy - Floral
- Technology Solutions for Warehouse Safety & Security
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) - An Integrated Approach to Warehouse Security for simplifying the command and control - at-a-glance snapshot of all operations, enhancing their situational awareness and increasing their ability to react to any security infringements within the warehouse environment - Witness how a PSIM platform that seamlessly brings together otherwise disparate solutions - Access Control, CCTV, RFID, Intruder detection and Fire systems.
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security