Media - The Forum on Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management 2016
SAP Ariba is helping companies with the latest release of Ariba® Collaborative Supply Chain.
Companies Rethink Direct Materials Supply Chains with SAP Ariba
Leading organizations leverage Ariba Collaborative Supply Chain to fuel intelligent, end-to-end collaborations
PALO ALTO, Calif., May 11, 2016 – No company is an island. To make things go in today’s global economy, businesses need to work with thousands of suppliers, partners and customers across supply chains that have become increasingly complex. It’s a mind-blowing task. Particularly when it comes to direct materials. But SAP Ariba is helping companies simplify it with the latest release of Ariba® Collaborative Supply Chain™, an innovative and intelligent collaboration platform that enables companies to connect with partners and manage all of their direct materials procurement activities in one place. And leading companies are embracing the offering to rethink their supply chains and open new possibilities.
“Direct materials supply chains are more complex than ever, spanning multiple geographies and tiers. And to effectively manage them requires two things: visibility and collaboration,” says Alex Atzberger, President, SAP Ariba. “Ariba Collaborative Supply Chain not only provides companies with a clear and real-time view into their supply chain, but enables them to collaborate on key planning and execution processes in new and innovative ways that transform their business and results.”
Ariba Collaborative Supply Chain provides a simple, smart and open way to drive an efficient digital supply chain, connecting all systems and stakeholders through a powerful global platform – the Ariba Network. With Ariba Collaborative Supply Chain, companies have a single, cloud-based solution embedded into their planning and execution systems, enabling them to seamlessly collaborate in real time with multiple tiers of trading partners across direct materials procurement. Using the solution, companies can:
Accurately track and assess availability of supply
Quickly identify and respond to unplanned supply chain events to prevent disruptions to their business
Reduce excess inventory and costs from their supply chains
“Supply chain management is no longer simply a function, but a competitive differentiator, said Vasee Rayan, Vice President, Solutions Management, Ariba Network. “Recognizing this, leading companies are embracing innovative solutions like Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration that enable them to digitize their processes and collaborate without boundaries to gain market advantage.”
Ariba Collaborative Supply Chain will be on full display at SAP Ariba Live Madrid, the premier business commerce conference to be held June 13-15 at the Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel and Conference Center. To register for this can’t-miss event and hear from companies who are using it, visit: www.aribalive.com.
About SAP Ariba
SAP® Ariba® is the marketplace for digital business, creating frictionless exchanges between millions of buyers and suppliers across the entire source-to-pay process. Our market-leading solutions enable companies to simplify collaboration with their trading partners, make smarter business decisions and extend their collaborative business processes with an open technology platform. More than two million companies use SAP Ariba solutions to connect and collaborate around nearly one trillion in commerce on an annual basis. To learn more about the company’s offerings and the transformation they are driving, visit www.ariba.com
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable approximately 300,000 customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
Source: SAP Ariba
- Supply Chain RISK + COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT – What it really means to MANUFACTURERS?
- Transforming the Supply Chain with National and Global STANDARDS to manage RISK and COMPLIANCE.
- IMPORTANCE & ROLE of STANDARDS & CERTIFICATIONS in Supply Chain RISK MANAGEMENT + COMPLIANCE.
- Best Practices Case Studies + Use Cases in Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management.
- Securing the Supply Chain ECO-SYSTEM and the role and responsibilities of the STAKEHOLDERS;
- Logistics Providers
- Freight Carriers
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Security Professionals
- Logistics Professionals
- Freight Services Industry Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Audit Companies
- Technology Companies
- The IMPORTANCE & ROLE of TECHNOLOGY in STANDARDS Development
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security
- Cargo Safety & Security - Explore how telematics is used for combating hijackings, thefts and robberies
- Driver Safety & Security - Explore how telematics technologies can help enhance the driver safety and security by real time monitoring of driver behavior and driver fatigue
- Fleet Performance and Fuel Efficiency - The impact of telematics and fleet management technology on insurance
- Cold Chain Management - temperature-controlled supply chain:
- Life Sciences: Clinical Trials - Hospitals and Blood - Pharmaceuticals - Vaccines,
- Fresh and Processed Food - Produce - Seafood - Meat and Poultry - Dairy - Floral
- Technology Solutions for Warehouse Safety & Security
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) - An Integrated Approach to Warehouse Security for simplifying the command and control - at-a-glance snapshot of all operations, enhancing their situational awareness and increasing their ability to react to any security infringements within the warehouse environment - Witness how a PSIM platform that seamlessly brings together otherwise disparate solutions - Access Control, CCTV, RFID, Intruder detection and Fire systems.
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security