Media - The Forum on Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management 2016
Tech Mahindra launches FEEDS, a Connected Intelligent Solution Transforming Fresh Food Supply Chain, built on SAP HANA Platform
Tech Mahindra today announced the launch of Fresh Produce End to End Digital Supply Chain (FEEDS). This revolutionary initiative manages the food supply chain, which enables companies to transport farm grown produce and deliver it as fresh as if it were grown locally. FEEDS enables business collaboration, maintains product quality and freshness while providing a 15-20% reduction in losses and wastes.
Fresh produce is characterized by high perishability, short shelf life and high demand and supply variations. Multiplicity of players, stringent regulatory compliance norms and lack of end-to-end visibility adds to the supply chain complexities; resulting in high wastage and loss of freshness by the time the produce reaches consumers.
"Freshness is a key differentiator for fresh produce as it impacts the consumer perception of the brand. The lack of holistic visibility breeds inefficiencies in the complex modern day food supply chain. Our rich domain expertise combined with the strong technology prowess of SAP digital platform provides an ideal combination to deliver unique and unparalleled benefits to our clients.”
Rohit Khanna, Senior Vice President Global Retail & CPG, Tech Mahindra
“Tech Mahindra has invested in multiple industry-specific Cloud Platforms using SAP Digital & IoT stacks. FEEDS is our flagship digital offering for Retail & CPG sector. Built on “Mobile first” strategy, high emphasis has been laid on the usability standards achieved through Design Thinking. Similar offerings are being launched in other sectors to help clients bridge gaps in their Digital strategy to execution.”
Krishna Kumaraswamy (KK), Senior Vice President & Global Head – SAP Practice, Tech Mahindra
FEEDS transforms the fragmented physical supply chain into a Connected Intelligent Digital Supply Chain with the ability to track and maintain freshness at each leg of the supply chain process. This unified platform enables interactions and transactions between various participants of supply chain in real time.
“FEEDS is part of the partner led co-innovation with SAP Co-Innovation Labs. This partnership demonstrates Tech Mahindra’s commitment to provide Sector focused Digital Transformation Solutions to customers. Tech Mahindra built the FEEDS application in the SAP Co-Innovation Lab with the aim to deliver fresh quality food produce through real time tracking across the Food Supply Chain. Partners, such as Tech Mahindra are enabling organizations to optimize their business process by leveraging the Internet of Things and the SAP HANA Cloud Platform,” said Rudolf Held, Vice President, Head of Global SAP Co-Innovation Lab Network.
FEEDS, built on SAP HANA Cloud Platform is well integrated with SAP’s ERP system to utilize digital levers including Mobility, IoT and Big Data to provide a holistic end-to-end Digital Supply Chain transformation opportunity to fresh produce global supply chains, large retailers and food manufacturing clients.
Source : Tech Mahindra
- Supply Chain RISK + COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT – What it really means to MANUFACTURERS?
- Transforming the Supply Chain with National and Global STANDARDS to manage RISK and COMPLIANCE.
- IMPORTANCE & ROLE of STANDARDS & CERTIFICATIONS in Supply Chain RISK MANAGEMENT + COMPLIANCE.
- Best Practices Case Studies + Use Cases in Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management.
- Securing the Supply Chain ECO-SYSTEM and the role and responsibilities of the STAKEHOLDERS;
- Logistics Providers
- Freight Carriers
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Security Professionals
- Logistics Professionals
- Freight Services Industry Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Audit Companies
- Technology Companies
- The IMPORTANCE & ROLE of TECHNOLOGY in STANDARDS Development
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security
- Cargo Safety & Security - Explore how telematics is used for combating hijackings, thefts and robberies
- Driver Safety & Security - Explore how telematics technologies can help enhance the driver safety and security by real time monitoring of driver behavior and driver fatigue
- Fleet Performance and Fuel Efficiency - The impact of telematics and fleet management technology on insurance
- Cold Chain Management - temperature-controlled supply chain:
- Life Sciences: Clinical Trials - Hospitals and Blood - Pharmaceuticals - Vaccines,
- Fresh and Processed Food - Produce - Seafood - Meat and Poultry - Dairy - Floral
- Technology Solutions for Warehouse Safety & Security
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) - An Integrated Approach to Warehouse Security for simplifying the command and control - at-a-glance snapshot of all operations, enhancing their situational awareness and increasing their ability to react to any security infringements within the warehouse environment - Witness how a PSIM platform that seamlessly brings together otherwise disparate solutions - Access Control, CCTV, RFID, Intruder detection and Fire systems.
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security