Media - The Forum on Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management 2016
Deutsche Post DHL Group organizes 120 different events in support of Germany's Diversity Day
Charter of Diversity: Diversity Workshop 2016 invited to DHL Hub in Leipzig
Deutsche Post DHL Group employs around 500,000 employees at close to 12,000 locations in 220 countries and territories. The Post Tower in Bonn alone is home to people from 50 different nations. Its workforce originates from a variety of cultural circles and backgrounds — making the topic of diversity a significant component of its corporate culture. Working under the motto "All different, together successful," Deutsche Post DHL Group issued a voluntary declaration on the topic of diversity and inclusion, praising it as a significant piece of the company's success.
Melanie Kreis, Board Member for HR and Labor Management at Deutsche Post DHL Group, noted: "Diversity and inclusion are a fundamental component of our corporate culture and a tremendous strength. Our almost 500,000 employees work in over 220 countries and territories worldwide. Their knowledge, their talents and perspectives are what make us successful. It thus very important for us to honor this diversity and individuality with tolerance and respect."
This is the fourth time that Deutsche Post DHL Group has used Germany's Diversity Day as the impetus for a series of events around the globe in the weeks surrounding the day itself (June 7, 2016). 120 different events were held in 2015 alone, all intended to promote understanding of diversity and inclusion among the workforce. Colleagues are once again using the campaign to explore how to implement diversity in their work. The events range from podium discussions on diversity management to activities focusing on women in leadership roles or generational diversity. Local cultural events have also been planned, such as shared meals featuring national dishes and days where traditional national garments are worn to work.
"Charter of Diversity" workshop invited to DHL Hub in Leipzig this year
To commemorate its 10th anniversary, the Charter of Diversity has organized a mobile diversity workshop at 10 locations in Germany. The second station this year is the DHL Hub in Leipzig. Company representatives and interested parties can join in the diversity management workshops and expert panels to be held here from June 7-9. The events are suitable for both those familiar with the issue and those without specific diversity training. Participants can expect surveys of the state of diversity within the region, discussions of equal opportunities for men and women and how people with disabilities can be integrated into the workplace. Other focal points of the workshops include topics such as best practices for successful training and employment of foreign workers and how companies can prepare themselves most effectively for the coming demographic changes.
The charter of diversity is a corporate initiative to promote diversity in companies and institutions. The initiative is intended to advance recognition, respect and inclusion of diversity in Germany's corporate culture. All employees should enjoy respect — regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity. Deutsche Post DHL Group is a signatory and member of the Charter of Diversity movement since 2010.
- Supply Chain RISK + COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT – What it really means to MANUFACTURERS?
- Transforming the Supply Chain with National and Global STANDARDS to manage RISK and COMPLIANCE.
- IMPORTANCE & ROLE of STANDARDS & CERTIFICATIONS in Supply Chain RISK MANAGEMENT + COMPLIANCE.
- Best Practices Case Studies + Use Cases in Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management.
- Securing the Supply Chain ECO-SYSTEM and the role and responsibilities of the STAKEHOLDERS;
- Logistics Providers
- Freight Carriers
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Security Professionals
- Logistics Professionals
- Freight Services Industry Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Audit Companies
- Technology Companies
- The IMPORTANCE & ROLE of TECHNOLOGY in STANDARDS Development
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security
- Cargo Safety & Security - Explore how telematics is used for combating hijackings, thefts and robberies
- Driver Safety & Security - Explore how telematics technologies can help enhance the driver safety and security by real time monitoring of driver behavior and driver fatigue
- Fleet Performance and Fuel Efficiency - The impact of telematics and fleet management technology on insurance
- Cold Chain Management - temperature-controlled supply chain:
- Life Sciences: Clinical Trials - Hospitals and Blood - Pharmaceuticals - Vaccines,
- Fresh and Processed Food - Produce - Seafood - Meat and Poultry - Dairy - Floral
- Technology Solutions for Warehouse Safety & Security
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) - An Integrated Approach to Warehouse Security for simplifying the command and control - at-a-glance snapshot of all operations, enhancing their situational awareness and increasing their ability to react to any security infringements within the warehouse environment - Witness how a PSIM platform that seamlessly brings together otherwise disparate solutions - Access Control, CCTV, RFID, Intruder detection and Fire systems.
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security