Media - The Forum on Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management 2016
Schneider, a premier provider of transportation and logistics services, announced today the simultaneous acquisitions of Watkins & Shepard and Lodeso
Company becomes the nation’s leading first-to-final-mile-delivery provider of over-dimensional goods for omnichannel retailers and manufacturers GREEN BAY, Wis. — Schneider, a premier provider of transportation and logistics services, announced today the simultaneous acquisitions of Watkins & Shepard and Lodeso. These acquisitions bring together industry-leading final-mile delivery, claims-free handling and an innovative technology platform. When combined with the scale and financial resources Schneider brings, this creates a world-class, integrated capability that takes the complexity out of the supply chain for omnichannel retailers and manufacturers. It also provides a superior home delivery experience for consumers of high-value over-dimensional goods.
Both acquisitions complement the growing Final Mile+™ service from Schneider, which provides customized home, commercial and retail delivery with white-glove service. Schneider is now the nation’s leading first-to-final-mile-delivery provider of LTL, truckload and logistics for high-value home furnishings and over-dimensional goods.
Watkins & Shepard and Lodeso customers will continue to receive the industry-leading 99.3 percent claims-free service they have come to know and expect. Existing and future customers will benefit from an innovative technology that provides seamless first-to-final-mile service and continuous visibility for consumers. As a result, Schneider is able to provide a single tariff and invoice, integrated tracking and reverse logistics capabilities.
“The ability to provide differentiated experiences for retailers, manufacturers and consumers is a primary area of strategic growth for Schneider,” said Schneider President and CEO Chris Lofgren. “We will continue to make significant investments to capture the full potential the combined companies now have to connect the first mile to the final mile.”
Based in Missoula, Montana, Watkins & Shepard is the leading provider of LTL, truckload and logistics services for difficult-to-handle goods, such as furniture and floor coverings, across North America. The company was founded in 1974 and has more than 1,300 employees, including nearly 800 drivers based out of 20 terminals across the U.S.
Lodeso uses proprietary technology to handle supply chain complexities within the national home delivery industry. In addition to continuous delivery tracking throughout the supply chain, this unique technology platform allows delivery agents, customers and all appropriate parties to handle any issues in a proactive manner. Lodeso is based in Zeeland, Michigan, and has more than 50 employees and nearly 600 agents across the U.S.
"We are facing a large increase in demand for our services, and that requires investment in people, equipment and facilities," said Ray Kuntz, Watkins & Shepard CEO. "Schneider not only brings financial strength, they also understand transportation and the power of technology, and appreciate what we have built as a team. Schneider is the trusted choice to integrate and support our employees, as well as current and future customers."
Terms of the deal will not be announced.
ich demand a time and, above all, cost efficient logistics solution.
- Supply Chain RISK + COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT – What it really means to MANUFACTURERS?
- Transforming the Supply Chain with National and Global STANDARDS to manage RISK and COMPLIANCE.
- IMPORTANCE & ROLE of STANDARDS & CERTIFICATIONS in Supply Chain RISK MANAGEMENT + COMPLIANCE.
- Best Practices Case Studies + Use Cases in Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management.
- Securing the Supply Chain ECO-SYSTEM and the role and responsibilities of the STAKEHOLDERS;
- Logistics Providers
- Freight Carriers
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Security Professionals
- Logistics Professionals
- Freight Services Industry Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Audit Companies
- Technology Companies
- The IMPORTANCE & ROLE of TECHNOLOGY in STANDARDS Development
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security
- Cargo Safety & Security - Explore how telematics is used for combating hijackings, thefts and robberies
- Driver Safety & Security - Explore how telematics technologies can help enhance the driver safety and security by real time monitoring of driver behavior and driver fatigue
- Fleet Performance and Fuel Efficiency - The impact of telematics and fleet management technology on insurance
- Cold Chain Management - temperature-controlled supply chain:
- Life Sciences: Clinical Trials - Hospitals and Blood - Pharmaceuticals - Vaccines,
- Fresh and Processed Food - Produce - Seafood - Meat and Poultry - Dairy - Floral
- Technology Solutions for Warehouse Safety & Security
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) - An Integrated Approach to Warehouse Security for simplifying the command and control - at-a-glance snapshot of all operations, enhancing their situational awareness and increasing their ability to react to any security infringements within the warehouse environment - Witness how a PSIM platform that seamlessly brings together otherwise disparate solutions - Access Control, CCTV, RFID, Intruder detection and Fire systems.
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security