Media - The Forum on Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management 2016
The post-closing acceptance period for the FedEx/TNT offer ended.
This is a joint press release by FedEx Corporation, FedEx Acquisition B.V. and TNT Express N.V. pursuant to the provisions of section 17 paragraph 4 of the Decree on Public Takeover Bids (Besluit openbare biedingen Wft) in connection with the recommended public offer by FedEx Acquisition B.V. for all the issued and outstanding ordinary shares in the share capital of TNT Express N.V., including all American depositary shares representing ordinary shares (the Offer). This announcement does not constitute an offer, or any solicitation of any offer, to buy or subscribe for any securities in TNT Express N.V. The Offer is made solely pursuant to the offer document (the Offer Document), dated August 21, 2015, approved by the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (Autoriteit Financiële Markten). Terms not defined in this press release will have the meaning as set forth in the Offer Document.
FedEx Announces Results of Post-Closing Acceptance Period for TNT Express
FedEx Holds 98.45% of all TNT Express Shares
• Statutory buy-out expected to commence during third calendar quarter of 2016
• Following statutory buy-out proceedings, FedEx will own 100% of TNT Express
• Delisting to occur as soon as possible
Memphis, Tennessee; Hoofddorp, the Netherlands – June 2, 2016 – FedEx Corporation (FedEx) (NYSE:FDX), FedEx Acquisition B.V. (the Offeror) and TNT Express N.V. (TNT Express) jointly announce that the post-closing acceptance period (na-aanmeldingstermijn) (the Post-Closing Acceptance Period) relating to the previously announced recommended public offer to TNT Express Shareholders (the Offer) by the Offeror expired at 17:40 hours Amsterdam time (11:40 hours New York time) on Wednesday, 1 June 2016. The Offeror accepted valid tenders of book-entry ADSs until 17:00 hours New York time on 1 June 2016. During the Post-Closing Acceptance Period, 55,422,955 TNT Express Shares, including Shares represented by American depository shares (ADSs), representing 10.10% of all issued and outstanding Shares and an aggregate value of €443,383,640 (at an Offer Price of €8.00 (eight euro) in cash per Share), were tendered. The Shares tendered in the Post-Closing Acceptance Period, together with the 484,982,585 Shares that were already held by the Offeror, represent 98.45% of all issued and outstanding Shares and an aggregate value of €4,323,244,320 (at an Offer Price of €8.00 (eight euro) in cash per Share). No treasury shares are held by TNT Express.
As a result of the acquisition of more than 95% of the Shares by the Offeror, TNT Express and the Offeror will as soon as possible request delisting of the Shares from Euronext Amsterdam. Information on the request and the expected last day of trading will be announced shortly. In connection with the delisting, TNT Express also intends to terminate the ADS Deposit Agreement between TNT Express, the U.S. Depositary and the holders and beneficial holders of ADSs.
As a result of the acquisition of more than 95% of the Shares by the Offeror, the Offeror expects to initiate a buy-out procedure (uitkoopprocedure) during the third calendar quarter of 2016, in accordance with Article 2:92a or 2:201a of the Dutch Civil Code and/or a takeover buy-out procedure in accordance with Article 2:359c of the Dutch Civil Code, in order to acquire the remaining Shares not tendered and not held by the Offeror or TNT Express.
- Supply Chain RISK + COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT – What it really means to MANUFACTURERS?
- Transforming the Supply Chain with National and Global STANDARDS to manage RISK and COMPLIANCE.
- IMPORTANCE & ROLE of STANDARDS & CERTIFICATIONS in Supply Chain RISK MANAGEMENT + COMPLIANCE.
- Best Practices Case Studies + Use Cases in Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management.
- Securing the Supply Chain ECO-SYSTEM and the role and responsibilities of the STAKEHOLDERS;
- Logistics Providers
- Freight Carriers
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Security Professionals
- Logistics Professionals
- Freight Services Industry Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Audit Companies
- Technology Companies
- The IMPORTANCE & ROLE of TECHNOLOGY in STANDARDS Development
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security
- Cargo Safety & Security - Explore how telematics is used for combating hijackings, thefts and robberies
- Driver Safety & Security - Explore how telematics technologies can help enhance the driver safety and security by real time monitoring of driver behavior and driver fatigue
- Fleet Performance and Fuel Efficiency - The impact of telematics and fleet management technology on insurance
- Cold Chain Management - temperature-controlled supply chain:
- Life Sciences: Clinical Trials - Hospitals and Blood - Pharmaceuticals - Vaccines,
- Fresh and Processed Food - Produce - Seafood - Meat and Poultry - Dairy - Floral
- Technology Solutions for Warehouse Safety & Security
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) - An Integrated Approach to Warehouse Security for simplifying the command and control - at-a-glance snapshot of all operations, enhancing their situational awareness and increasing their ability to react to any security infringements within the warehouse environment - Witness how a PSIM platform that seamlessly brings together otherwise disparate solutions - Access Control, CCTV, RFID, Intruder detection and Fire systems.
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security