Media - The Forum on Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management 2016
Bombardier will be front and centre at the Georgia Business Aviation Association’s Annual Safety Day
Bombardier returns as a sponsor of the event
The category-leading Learjet 75 aircraft and the class-defining Challenger 350 business jet will be on static display
Bombardier will be front and centre at the Georgia Business Aviation Association’s (GBAA’s) 11th Annual Safety Day & Static Display, to be held on August 25, 2016 in Atlanta, Georgia. Bombardier’s category-leading Learjet 75 aircraft and the class-defining Challenger 350 business jet will be featured on static display at the event.
The GBAA pioneered the concept of regional daylong safety events in 2005, inspired by Bombardier’s Safety Standdown and the Business Aviation Safety Summit programs. Today, Safety Days are held by regional aviation groups across the U.S., often with inspiration and guidance from the GBAA.
The Safety Day’s action-packed agenda will feature topical safety workshops hosted by industry leading exhibitors. Bombardier’s continued sponsorship is a reflection of the company’s active and longstanding commitment to promoting safe aviation practices both regionally and worldwide.
In recent months alone, Bombardier has been a leading participant and sponsor at the Russian United Business Aviation Association’s two-day safety workshop, the Greater Washington Business Aviation Association’s Safety Standdown and the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition’s Safety Workshop. Next month, Bombardier representatives will participate in the General Aviation Air Safety Investigators Workshop to be held September 19-21, 2016 in Wichita, Kansas. Bombardier’s iconic Safety Standdown event, which has been helping to transform the behavioural practices of aviation professionals for the past 20 years, will take place the following week, from September 27- 29, 2016, also in Wichita.
“Bombardier has long believed that an original equipment manufacturer can make a unique and important contribution in promoting aviation safety practices,” said Jean-Christophe Gallagher, Vice-President, Strategy, Marketing and Innovation, Bombardier Business Aircraft. “The GBAA has been a leader in bringing safety education to aviation professionals close to home, and we are pleased to once again join forces with our likeminded friends in Georgia to help increase safety awareness and cultivate the mindset of prevention in the region.”
The U.S. is an important market for Bombardier. Currently, some 2,500 Bombardier business jets are based in the U.S. In 2015, approximately half of all Bombardier Business Aircraft deliveries were made to customers in the U.S. Bombardier employs some 7,000 people across the U.S.
Learjet 75 aircraft: The Learjet 75 jet features the pioneering Bombardier Vision flight deck with an interior designed for style and comfort. It is the only business jet in its class to feature an eight-seat double-club configuration with a flat floor throughout the cabin and plenty of legroom. The Learjet 75 aircraft is also available in a six-seat executive configuration, offering enhanced comfort and productivity features. Its powerful engines and new winglet design enables it to cruise at a speed of Mach 0. 81* and climb to an operating ceiling of 51,000 ft. (15,545 m)*. The Learjet 75 can also achieve an exceptional range greater than 2,000 NM (3,704 km)*. Its modern interior features a new cabin management system with individual touchscreen monitors and full audio and video control; LED lighting throughout the entire aircraft; a generous baggage suite and a spacious galley to optimize catering. The Learjet 75 aircraft can fly four passengers and two crew members non-stop from Los Angeles to Toronto*.
Challenger 350 aircraft: The Challenger 350 jet boasts class-defining performance, a true seats full, tanks full, 3,200 NM (5,926 km) range that connects New York City with London*. The Challenger 350 jet builds upon the legendary segment defining clean-sheet Challenger 300 jet. Not only does it feature the very latest in avionics functionality, but it also offers the segment’s most advanced cabin that maximizes natural light and redefines interior comfort and design sophistication, all the while maintaining the performance attributes that have become synonymous with the Challenger family.
Bombardier is the world’s leading manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering today, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide by answering the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation.
Bombardier is headquartered in Montréal, Canada. Our shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD) and we are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America Indices. In the fiscal year ended December 31, 2015, we posted revenues of $18.2 billion. News and information are available at bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.
- Supply Chain RISK + COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT – What it really means to MANUFACTURERS?
- Transforming the Supply Chain with National and Global STANDARDS to manage RISK and COMPLIANCE.
- IMPORTANCE & ROLE of STANDARDS & CERTIFICATIONS in Supply Chain RISK MANAGEMENT + COMPLIANCE.
- Best Practices Case Studies + Use Cases in Supply Chain Risk + Compliance Management.
- Securing the Supply Chain ECO-SYSTEM and the role and responsibilities of the STAKEHOLDERS;
- Logistics Providers
- Freight Carriers
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Security Professionals
- Logistics Professionals
- Freight Services Industry Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Audit Companies
- Technology Companies
- The IMPORTANCE & ROLE of TECHNOLOGY in STANDARDS Development
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security
- Cargo Safety & Security - Explore how telematics is used for combating hijackings, thefts and robberies
- Driver Safety & Security - Explore how telematics technologies can help enhance the driver safety and security by real time monitoring of driver behavior and driver fatigue
- Fleet Performance and Fuel Efficiency - The impact of telematics and fleet management technology on insurance
- Cold Chain Management - temperature-controlled supply chain:
- Life Sciences: Clinical Trials - Hospitals and Blood - Pharmaceuticals - Vaccines,
- Fresh and Processed Food - Produce - Seafood - Meat and Poultry - Dairy - Floral
- Technology Solutions for Warehouse Safety & Security
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) - An Integrated Approach to Warehouse Security for simplifying the command and control - at-a-glance snapshot of all operations, enhancing their situational awareness and increasing their ability to react to any security infringements within the warehouse environment - Witness how a PSIM platform that seamlessly brings together otherwise disparate solutions - Access Control, CCTV, RFID, Intruder detection and Fire systems.
- TELEMATICS for Cargo + Driver Safety and Security